Wednesday, September 23, 2009

a long over due update


My sincere apologies for the late update. Ive been very busy getting settled in. so this is going to be one of my many updates. 


lets hop on a time machine and rewind back to August 22nd when I went to visit my friend dave in suwon. We went to the suwon fortress.




across the street from the fortress... thought we'd go check it out
me by the massive bell
Dave and I spotted that and we decided to climb after our tour of the fortress... (the temple is half way up). it seemed like a great idea at first... climbing was exhausting phew!

entrace to the fortress
traditional army (jang gun) uniform
the rice box... see below

This is how the king murdered he crown prince back in 15th century because he believed that the crown prince was not fit to become the next king due to his mental illness. luckily this isn't how they murdered princesses. I thought i'd see how the crown prince might have felt....


perhaps the queen's quarter?  i dont read chinese

mini figurine of the fortress

turtle stamp for the kids
some artsy pics

prayer for all living in the sea
half way up the mountain's view of the fortress 
no significance... thought it looked cool
this is where the king chilled? (i think...)

temple that is located half way up the mountain
the big massive buddha statue. the door lead u into a prayer room
the golden buddha
me pretending to pray... buddhism style
little lights with a person's name... this covered all 4 walls
pretty lanterns at the temple

randon bug i saw.. kind of pretty



No comments:

Post a Comment